Meet Dr. Lawrence, DDS
As an orthodontist I truly enjoy what I do! There's nothing more rewarding for me than to work with such a unique group of patients, helping them improve their smiles and achieve wonderful orthodontic results. My work as an orthodontist began in 1985 after receiving my Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of Toronto, and my Masters of Clinical Orthodontics degree from the University of Western Ontario.
My practice philosophy has always been to create full smiles and strong profiles with the most effective and conservative treatments. I have treated thousands of orthodontic cases, giving each patient a beautiful, healthy smile that they will have for years to come.
- 1980 - Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Toronto – Toronto, ON (Ontario)
- 1985 - Masters of Clinical Orthodontics degree from the University of Western Ontario – London, ON (Ontario)
Continuing Education and Professional Memberships
As with many other industries, the orthodontic field is constantly changing. I believe in staying on top of the most current technology, and in order to do so I am involved with several orthodontic organizations, including:
- British Columbia Society of Orthodontists (BCSO)
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (PCSO)
- Island Orthodontic Society (IOS)
- Pitts Masters Continuum (International)
- Kois Center - Advanced Dentistry through Science (Seattle, WA)
- SPEAR Multidisciplinary Dental Reconstructions (Phoenix, AZ.)
- UCLA - Mini-residencies in Sleep Medicine, Craniofacial Pain, and Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.
Additionally, I am a mentor of the Campbell River Study Seminars; and, I've lectured as a guest orthodontist at the University of Western Ontario's Graduate of Orthodontics Department, the University of Sichuan China, Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Universidad de México, the Yukon Dental Association, and the BCSO.
Outside of the Office
When I am not busy helping my patients improve their smiles, I enjoy spending time with my family at home in Black Creek. My wife, Nancy, and I have three children, Brittany, Brian, and Mallory.
In my spare time I personally enjoy, gardening, fishing, hunting, playing bridge, and participating in various church activities. I am also enjoying music and playing my oboe, and I am a supporter of the Strathcona Symphony Orchestra.
Our Global Community
In the past, I've had the privilege of traveling to Belize for a week to perform volunteer general dentistry. We volunteered with the Holy Cross Anglican School Dental Clinic. What originally started with only 65 people today has more than 500 volunteers who dedicate their time and energy to bringing better health and education to young children and adults in Belize. This was truly a life-changing experience, having the opportunity to make a difference in others' lives. If you and your family are interested in making a donation to the Anglican Holy Cross Church, or would like more information about this organization, please contact our practice!